Chocolate cravings can get us when we least expect it. It can hit after you've woken up consistently for that 6 AM yoga class, or said no to pizza and opted for veggies. You're feeling like the epitome of health and then BOOM.
One night, you're sitting on the couch after a long day, and you start thinking about cookies. Or ice cream...chocolate ice cream. It's that dreaded chocolate craving rearing it's indomitable presence in your tummy. Have no fear, chocolate cravings don't have to mean excessive calories, or unhealthy sugars and fats. The Kura Tribe's got you covered with our super simple, yet HEALTHY, 5-ingredient Chocolate Avocado Pudding. (Insider secret: Make it vegan by using our Plant Based Vegan Wellness Powder!)
More good news—you most likely already have all of the ingredients you need to whip up your pudding. Break open your pantry and grab your Kura Plant Based Vegan or Pasture Raised Dairy Wellness Powder, two avocados, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Blend your ingredients with vigor, knowing that your wellness train is valiantly continuing on it's course! Once blended, let your pudding chill in the fridge for an hour (patience is a virtue), then grab yourself a bowl of goodness.
Instead of succumbing to sugary, empty calories, you've made yourself a nutrient-rich, delicious snack. Along with the protein, probiotics, prebiotics, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that Kura provides, you're reaping the health benefits of avocado, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Here's what these ingredients get you:
- Healthy fats that help you inside and out, supporting skin, hair, nails and cardiovascular health
- Loaded with antioxidants and aid in antioxidant absorption
- They're DELICIOUS
- A natural alternative to processed sugar, its lower glycemic index won't spike your blood sugar
- Contains antioxidants and minerals that support skin health and help fight inflammation
- Conjures up memories of pancakes and waffles
- Antioxidant-packed to help fight free-radicals
- Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties support overall immune health
- Smells like heaven
- Low-calorie, high in fiber and packed with minerals
- You guessed it, antioxidants.
- All the cocoa goodness without the bad stuff
Now that you've got the scoop, here are the ingredients and directions:
1 serving Chocolate Kura
2 ripe avocados
1tsp vanilla extract
1/4c cocoa powder
1/4c maple syrup
Pit avocados & blend until creamy. Add remaining ingredients & blend until smooth. Place pudding into a container & chill for one hour.
Got a different kind of craving? Check out our recipe blog for more healthy, benefit-packed inspo!
Keep it real,
The Kura Tribe Copywriter
Dina's favorite flavor is Chai, check it out here.