photo: facial gurus silver mirror
Each year, I secretly wait in barely masked patience for the most glorious time of the year…SUMMER. The mountains are filled with wild flowers, a vacation is typically on the horizon and the gods have bequeathed their annual gift to me, radiant skin.
The mix of sunshine, fresh produce and generally lower stress levels does wonders. It’s as if pimples are a thing of the past and will never again taint my face. I have sensitive skin and am very prone to break outs, so I can testify that the following tips truly help. They’ve helped me gain control over what I used to think was luck or winning the genetic lottery. Here are my simple yet effective secrets….
As Ben Stiller once said in Zoolander, “Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.” Wise words.
You’ve probably heard of the 8x8 rule (eight servings of 8-ounce glasses) to stay hydrated. This one size fits all mantra does NOT work for everyone. Start incorporating these tips and I guarantee you’ll see a difference in overall skin clarity, bounce and glow in only a few weeks:
Drink ½ an ounce to an ounce of water for each pound you weigh, every day
- Example: if you weigh 130lbs, your range would be 65-130 ounces a day; it is on the higher range if you are more active/sweating
- Drink small amounts throughout the day, don’t pound 40 ounces at once
- Mix your Kura with water, you’re getting a nutritious snack with a side of hydration
- Carry a water bottle with you wherever you go – weirdly, knowing the amount of ounces I’ve consumed makes me more likely to continue drinking water
A SERVING OF KURA A DAY KEEPS THE PIMPLES & WRINKLES AWAY
Do you ever get overwhelmed thinking about all the vitamin supplements out there, what to buy and how to incorporate it into your routine? Yea, me too. That’s why I was thrilled when I found out Kura has a happy helping of antioxidants, biotin, omega-3s, vitamins and minerals – all of which help promote healthy skin. Here’s how:
- Antioxidants, vitamins and minerals – These beauts are a must for your daily routine. Antioxidants help increase collagen production while also warding off free-radicals from aging and damaging sun exposure. Vitamin C helps even-out complexion while Vitamin A can help stabilize the amount of oil your pores produce for clearer skin.
- Biotin – Deficiencies in Vitamin B6 (biotin) can lead to dry or acne prone skin. Biotin can also help you achieve those luscious locks and stronger nails.
- Omega-3s – Healthy skin is moist skin. Omega-3s and fatty acids aid in keeping your skin hydrated.
SPF All Year
When we head to the beach in August or we’re hiking through the desert in June, it seems like common sense to apply sun screen. But do you ever think about sunscreen in November or maybe even February? While UVB rays that cause sunburn are weaker during winter months, they are still present with wrinkle-causing UVA rays throughout the year and can still cause skin damage. Before you step out, be sure to apply a minimum of SPF 15 to your face and neck. I personally love this SPF 25 matte moisturizer by Neutrogena, it’s great for sensitive skin!
What natural tips do you have for healthy skin? Send them over!